Chicken Pesto Pizza
My wife and I love this pizza! The crisp crust, made from frozen bread dough, is topped with a tasty mixture of sauteed onion, sweet pepper and chicken as well as tomato slices and mozzarella cheese.Paul Piantek, Middletown, Connecticut
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 small sweet yellow pepper, julienned
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup prepared pesto
- 3 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Spread dough into an ungreased 12-in. pizza pan. Prick dough with a
- fork. Brush with egg. Bake at 400° for 12-15 minutes or until
- lightly browned.
- In a large skillet, saute the chicken, onion, yellow pepper and
- lemon-pepper in oil until chicken is no longer pink; drain.
- Spread the pesto sauce over the crust. Top with chicken mixture,
- tomatoes and cheese. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until lightly
- browned. Yield: 6 slices.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 398 calories, 16 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 74 mg cholesterol, 622 mg sodium,