Chicken Pesto Pizza Recipe
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 small sweet yellow pepper, julienned
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup prepared pesto
- 3 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Spread dough into an ungreased 12-in. pizza pan. Prick dough with a fork. Brush with egg. Bake at 400° for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- In a large skillet, saute the chicken, onion, yellow pepper and lemon-pepper in oil until chicken is no longer pink; drain.
- Spread the pesto sauce over the crust. Top with chicken mixture, tomatoes and cheese. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Yield: 6 slices.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Chicken Pesto Pizza
Sort By :
"I made this recipe for my 13 y/o daughter and friends when she had a sleepover and everyone LOVED it One of the girls mothers called the next week for the recipe because she couldn't stop talking about it. Easy and delicious what more could you ask for!!"
"This pizza is extra special with goat cheese crumbles, too. I added roasted peppers instead of the yellow - yummy!"