- 1 package (16 ounces) bow tie pasta
- 1 cup cut fresh asparagus (1-inch pieces)
- 1-1/4 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and quartered
- 2 jars (3-1/2 ounces each) prepared pesto
- 1 jar (7 ounces) oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2/3 cup pine nuts, toasted
- Cook pasta according to package directions, adding asparagus during the last 3 minutes of cooking.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute mushrooms and red pepper in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Reduce heat; stir in the chicken, artichokes, pesto, tomatoes, salt and pepper flakes. Cook 2-3 minutes longer or until heated through.
- Drain pasta; toss with chicken mixture. Sprinkle with cheese and pine nuts. Yield: 8 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Chicken Pesto Pasta
"This is sooo yummy! I used my home-made garlic pesto in place of the jar of store bought and I substituted broccoli for asparagus. I loved it. Very filling."
"Made this for my family and they loved it. will definitely make this again"
"My husband doesn't like sun-dried tomatoes, so we substitute it with a can of diced tomatoes. Cost less and gives a very similar taste! This meal is so delicious and EASY. One of our favorites!"