Chicken Pesto Pasta Recipe
- 1 package (16 ounces) bow tie pasta
- 1 cup cut fresh asparagus (1-inch pieces)
- 1-1/4 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and quartered
- 2 jars (3-1/2 ounces each) prepared pesto
- 1 jar (7 ounces) oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2/3 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions, adding asparagus during the last 3 minutes of cooking.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute mushrooms and red pepper in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Reduce heat; stir in the chicken, artichokes, pesto, tomatoes, salt and pepper flakes. Cook 2-3 minutes longer or until heated through.
- 3. Drain pasta; toss with chicken mixture. Sprinkle with cheese and pine nuts. Yield: 8 servings.
1-1/2 cups equals 620 calories, 31 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 47 mg cholesterol, 893 mg sodium, 56 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 32 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.