Chicken-Pesto Pan Pizza Recipe
- 1 tube (13.8 ounces) refrigerated pizza crust
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 envelope pesto sauce mix
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 4 plum tomatoes, sliced
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Romano cheese
- 1. Unroll pizza crust into an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan; flatten dough and build up edges slightly. Prick dough several items with a fork. Bake at 425° for 7 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 2. Meanwhile, combine the water, oil and pesto sauce mix in a saucepan. Cook until heated through (do not boil). Add the spinach, ricotta and onion.
- 3. Spread over crust. Top with chicken, mushrooms, tomatoes and Swiss and Romano cheeses. Bake at 425° for 7 minutes or until crust is golden and cheese is melted. Yield: 8 servings.
1 slice equals 368 calories, 16 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 54 mg cholesterol, 866 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 24 g protein.
Reviews for Chicken-Pesto Pan Pizza
"Would I make this again? YEAH! My daughters have asked for every day since I made it the first time. Great way to use leftover chicken and the pesto sauce mix is very flavorful. Yummy!"
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.