Chicken Pesto Clubs
This colorful sandwich is a crisp golden-brown on the outside, with a fresh-tasting, full-flavored filling the whole family will love. It's supper in 10 minutes flat!
Terri Crandall - Gardnerville, Nevada
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 4 slices ready-to-serve fully cooked bacon
- 4 slices sourdough bread
- 2 tablespoons prepared pesto
- 1 cup ready-to-use grilled chicken breast strips
- 2 slices cheddar cheese
- 1 medium tomato, sliced
- 1 cup fresh arugula or baby spinach
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Heat bacon according to package directions. Meanwhile, spread bread
- slices with pesto. Layer two slices with chicken, cheese, tomato,
- arugula and bacon; top with remaining bread slice.
- Brush outsides of sandwiches with oil. Cook on an indoor grill for
- 3-4 minutes or until bread is browned and cheese is melted. Yield: 2
Nutritional Facts: 1 sandwich equals 583 calories, 30 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 77 mg cholesterol, 1,455 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 36 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.