Chicken Pepper Stir-Fry Recipe
- 1 each small green, sweet red and sweet yellow pepper, julienned
- 1 medium onion, quartered
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cubed
- 3/4 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey mustard
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- In a large skillet, stir-fry peppers and onion in 2 tablespoons oil until crisp-tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Remove and keep warm. In the same skillet, stir-fry chicken and Cajun seasoning in remaining oil until no longer pink.
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, cornstarch, water, lemon juice, mustard, soy sauce and Worcestershire sauce; pour over chicken. Return pepper mixture to the pan; cook and stir for 1 minute. Serve with rice if desired. Yield: 3-4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Chicken Pepper Stir-Fry
Sort By :
Made this tonight with turkey strips.... and it was SO yum! The sauce was just the right mix of tangy/salty/sweet.
Loved, loved, loved this dish. Thanks so much Kelly for submitting this recipe.
My whole family loved this recipe. We will definitely do it again!
Yummy!! I added broccoli and water chestnuts to mine and it was delish:)
Great recipe. The only variation I did was kick it up a notch. Instead of cooking the chicken in oil, I use a szechuan stir fry sauce. Very tasty, if you like it spicy.