Chicken Pepper Fajitas Recipe
- 2/3 cup lime juice
- 1 tablespoon salt-free seasoning blend
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 1 large onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients; set aside 2 tablespoons. Pour remaining marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 30 minutes, turning occasionally.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade. In a large skillet coated with cooking spray, saute onion and peppers until crisp-tender; remove and set aside. Add chicken and reserved marinade to skillet; cook for 3-5 minutes or until no longer pink. Return vegetables to pan; heat through. Serve on tortillas. Yield: 6 servings.
One fajita equals 199 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 44 mg cholesterol, 96 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 22 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 meat, 1 starch, 1 vegetable.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.