Chicken Pepper Fajitas Recipe
- 2/3 cup lime juice
- 1 tablespoon salt-free seasoning blend
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 1 large onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients; set aside 2 tablespoons. Pour remaining marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 30 minutes, turning occasionally.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade. In a large skillet coated with cooking spray, saute onion and peppers until crisp-tender; remove and set aside. Add chicken and reserved marinade to skillet; cook for 3-5 minutes or until no longer pink. Return vegetables to pan; heat through. Serve on tortillas. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 199 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 44mg cholesterol, 96mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 3g fiber), 22g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 meat, 1 starch, 1 vegetable.
Reviews for Chicken Pepper Fajitas
"Good, standard fajitas."
"These are delicious and easy to make. The flavor is bold, but not too spicy. I didn't have any lime juice on hand, so I substituted for lemon juice."
"Made these last night for our Super Bowl party. They were very good and my family really enjoyed them. Would definately make again!"
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.