Chicken Pepper Fajitas Recipe
"This spicy entree is fun to serve sizzling at the table, just like they do in restaurants," relates Lucinda Price. The Tracy, California cook fills her light fajitas with green and red peppers, onions and chicken that's quickly marinated for a flavor boost.
- 2/3 cup lime juice
- 1 tablespoon salt-free seasoning blend
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 1 large onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients; set aside 2 tablespoons. Pour remaining marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 30 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Drain and discard marinade. In a large skillet coated with cooking spray, saute onion and peppers until crisp-tender; remove and set aside. Add chicken and reserved marinade to skillet; cook for 3-5 minutes or until no longer pink. Return vegetables to pan; heat through. Serve on tortillas. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Pepper Fajitas in Quick Cooking September/October 2004, p20
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Chicken Pepper Fajitas
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Feb. 2, 2009
"Made these last night for our Super Bowl party. They were very good and my family really enjoyed them. Would definately make again!"