When I want a lighter dinner, I use lean turkey bacon in this recipe. It gives the pasta that richness you want without all the extra fat. —Courtney Harris, Denton, Texas
- 8 ounces uncooked linguine
- 1-1/2 pounds chicken tenderloins, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 4 turkey or pork bacon strips, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 jar (15 ounces) roasted red pepper Alfredo sauce
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook linguine according to package directions. Meanwhile, sprinkle chicken with garlic powder and pepper. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add chicken, mushrooms, onion, bacon and garlic; cook and stir 8-10 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
- Drain linguine; add to skillet. Stir in Alfredo sauce; heat through. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Chicken-Pepper Alfredo in Simple & Delicious October/November 2014
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Chicken-Pepper Alfredo
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review