Chicken Penne Alfredo
Cream cheese just might steal the show here. Combined with chicken, penne pasta, veggies and savory
seasoning, it makes for a silky feast. —Simple & Delicious Test Kitchen
5 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen broccoli-cauliflower blend
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 envelope Lipton savory herb with garlic soup mix
- Cook pasta according to package directions in a Dutch oven, adding
- the vegetables during the last 6 minutes of cooking.
- Meanwhile, cook chicken in butter in a large skillet until no longer
- pink. Add the cheeses, broth and soup mix; cook and stir until
- cheeses are melted. Drain pasta and vegetables; add to chicken
- mixture and toss to coat. Yield: 5 servings.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.