- 2 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen broccoli-cauliflower blend
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 envelope Lipton savory herb with garlic soup mix
- Cook pasta according to package directions in a Dutch oven, adding the vegetables during the last 6 minutes of cooking.
- Meanwhile, cook chicken in butter in a large skillet until no longer pink. Add the cheeses, broth and soup mix; cook and stir until cheeses are melted. Drain pasta and vegetables; add to chicken mixture and toss to coat. Yield: 5 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Chicken Penne Alfredo
"I don't know why I didn't find this recipe sooner! Absolutely delicious. As other reviewers have commented, I did not find the Lipton soup, but used the Good Seasons Garlic and Herb dressing mix instead. I also used and entire box (16 oz) of rotini. Just the right amount of sauce for the pasta, well seasoned, delish!"
"Extremely tasty and filling as well as easy to make. I couldn't find the soup mix in the store so I used a garlic and herb salad dressing mix instead and it was good."
"My husband doesn't really care for pasta but he loves this dish. It is very rich with all the cream cheese but oh so delicious!!!"
"Absolutely delicious and easy! I've made it twice already and received rave reviews both times. I used only broccoli florets instead of the broccoli/cauliflower combo & it was great."
"I was out of cheddar cheese so substituted mozzarella. This was surprisingly good !! I too had trouble finding the soup mix at my normal store, but found it at the Walmart. I will definitely be making this again."