Chicken Pecan Wraps
Pecans add a touch of crunch to the warm chicken mixture in these speedy soft-shell tacos from Judy Frakes of Blair, Nebraska. Kick up the heat a notch or two by using medium or hot salsa.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 4 flour tortillas (10 inches), warmed
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup salsa
- Shredded lettuce, optional
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook chicken, onion and cumin in
- butter until chicken is no longer pink.
- Reduce heat to low. Add pecans and sour cream; cook and stir until
- heated through. Spoon about 1/2 cupful down the center of each
- tortilla; layer with cheese, salsa and, if desired, lettuce. Roll
- up. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 558 calories, 25 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 108 mg cholesterol, 933 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 9 g fiber, 36 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a