Chicken Pecan Wraps
Pecans add a touch of crunch to the warm chicken mixture in these speedy soft-shell tacos from Judy Frakes of Blair, Nebraska. Kick up the heat a notch or two by using medium or hot salsa.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 4 flour tortillas (10 inches), warmed
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup salsa
- Shredded lettuce, optional
- In a large skillet, cook chicken, onion and cumin over medium heat in
- butter until chicken juices run clear. Reduce heat to low. Add
- pecans and sour cream; cook and stir until heated through. Spoon
- about 1/2 cupful down the center of each tortilla; layer with
- cheese, salsa and lettuce if desired. Roll up. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 558 calories, 25 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 108 mg cholesterol, 933 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 9 g fiber, 36 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.