Chicken Pecan Salad
In our house, this light and tasty salad is a real summer favorite! I usually serve it with sliced tomatoes and bread and butter. It can also be used to make wonderful chicken salad sandwiches - perfect in hot weather.
6-8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 6 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup crumbled cooked bacon
- 1 cup pecan halves, toasted
- Lettuce leaves
- Tomato wedges
- In a bowl, combine chicken and celery. In another bowl, combine
- mayonnaise, sour cream, lemon juice and salt. Pour dressing over
- chicken; toss well to coat. Refrigerate. Just before serving, toss
- with bacon and pecans. Serve on lettuce with tomato garnish. Yield:
- 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 580 calories, 46 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 128 mg cholesterol, 566 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 35 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.