In our house, this light and tasty salad is a real summer favorite! I usually serve it with sliced tomatoes and bread and butter. It can also be used to make wonderful chicken salad sandwiches - perfect in hot weather.
Featured In: 43 Amazing Ways to Love Sweet Potatoes
- 6 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup crumbled cooked Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon
- 1 cup pecan halves, toasted
- Lettuce leaves
- Tomato wedges
- In a bowl, combine chicken and celery. In another bowl, combine mayonnaise, sour cream, lemon juice and salt. Pour dressing over chicken; toss well to coat. Refrigerate. Just before serving, toss with bacon and pecans. Serve on lettuce with tomato garnish. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Pecan Salad in Country Extra July 1992, p49
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Chicken Pecan Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review