Chicken Pasta Toss Recipe
- 10 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon each onion powder, rubbed sage, white pepper and black pepper
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1. Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the chicken, onions and seasonings, uncovered, for 3-5 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- 2. Stir in cream. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 4-5 minutes or until slightly thickened. Drain spaghetti; add to chicken mixture; toss to coat. Sprinkle with cheese and parsley. Yield: 4 servings.
1-1/2 cups equals 658 calories, 34 g fat (20 g saturated fat), 151 mg cholesterol, 889 mg sodium, 56 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 32 g protein.
Reviews for Chicken Pasta Toss
"i have made this recipie many times and we love it. however i double up on the sauce indredients to make it creamier, ABSOLUTLY AWESOME"
"I loved the little kick with the cayenne pepper."
"Really Really DELICIOUS! I doubled the recipe and it all went! This was the first time I made it and my family really enjoyed it, telling me to keep it on the menu. Very easy. Very quick. I made it just as the recipe was written. Once you put in the cream, the herbs aren't so pronounced. Subtle. Not overpowering. I impressed myself. I agree it is restaurant quality."
"This was delicious! I omitted the rubbed sage as I do not like the taste of it, but everything else blended together so well! Such a huge hit at my house, and next time I will probably add a touch of cajun seasoning to kick it up a bit. Great, quick recipe for dinner."
"As delicious an Alfredo sauce as I've ever had. Definitely restaurant class. I made a few adjustments to suit my family's tastes - used linguini pasta, deleted thyme, onion powder and rubbed sage. I also used up my left over chicken breasts instead of using fresh chicken. Took less than 1/2 hour from start to finish! Delicious and oh so creamy!"
"I did not use sage or thyme. We are not fond of them. Used Italian spices instead. I used olive oil insstead of butter."
"I never thought I could make a creamy pasta dish. I did and it was good!! Would def make this again!!"
"We really like this recipe. I did increase the amount of whipping cream & parmesan cheese so that there was more sauce. I think that the butter amount can be cut down & I didn't put the cayenne pepper in either."
"I guess we liked this recipe. It only served two instead of the 4 called for. LOL.I will add mushrooms next time."
"Excellent. This is a family favorite."
"One of my all time favorite recipes. I love to serve this meal to friends, with the Carrot Coins with Thyme recipe and warm bread. I get requests for the recipe every time. LOVE it!"
"This TRULY is a flavorful dish that is so simple to make during the week. I also add a bit more garlic and use whole wheat pasta. My husband loves this dish as well."
"Delicious & easy recipe! I added a bit more garlic and sauted 8 oz. sliced mushrooms with the garlic. Special flavor with week-night ease!"
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.