Chicken Pasta Toss Recipe
- 10 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon each onion powder, rubbed sage, white pepper and black pepper
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1. Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the chicken, onions and seasonings, uncovered, for 3-5 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- 2. Stir in cream. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 4-5 minutes or until slightly thickened. Drain spaghetti; add to chicken mixture; toss to coat. Sprinkle with cheese and parsley. Yield: 4 servings.
1-1/2 cup: 658 calories, 34g fat (20g saturated fat), 151mg cholesterol, 889mg sodium, 56g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 32g protein.
Reviews for Chicken Pasta Toss
"A favorite at our house! Comes together in under 30mins and there's usually no leftovers. I do add additional cream, probably an extra 8oz."
"i have made this recipie many times and we love it. however i double up on the sauce indredients to make it creamier, ABSOLUTLY AWESOME"
"I loved the little kick with the cayenne pepper."
"Really Really DELICIOUS! I doubled the recipe and it all went! This was the first time I made it and my family really enjoyed it, telling me to keep it on the menu. Very easy. Very quick. I made it just as the recipe was written. Once you put in the cream, the herbs aren't so pronounced. Subtle. Not overpowering. I impressed myself. I agree it is restaurant quality."
"This was delicious! I omitted the rubbed sage as I do not like the taste of it, but everything else blended together so well! Such a huge hit at my house, and next time I will probably add a touch of cajun seasoning to kick it up a bit. Great, quick recipe for dinner."
"As delicious an Alfredo sauce as I've ever had. Definitely restaurant class. I made a few adjustments to suit my family's tastes - used linguini pasta, deleted thyme, onion powder and rubbed sage. I also used up my left over chicken breasts instead of using fresh chicken. Took less than 1/2 hour from start to finish! Delicious and oh so creamy!"
"I did not use sage or thyme. We are not fond of them. Used Italian spices instead. I used olive oil insstead of butter."
"I never thought I could make a creamy pasta dish. I did and it was good!! Would def make this again!!"
"We really like this recipe. I did increase the amount of whipping cream & parmesan cheese so that there was more sauce. I think that the butter amount can be cut down & I didn't put the cayenne pepper in either."
"I guess we liked this recipe. It only served two instead of the 4 called for. LOL.I will add mushrooms next time."
"Excellent. This is a family favorite."
"One of my all time favorite recipes. I love to serve this meal to friends, with the Carrot Coins with Thyme recipe and warm bread. I get requests for the recipe every time. LOVE it!"
"This TRULY is a flavorful dish that is so simple to make during the week. I also add a bit more garlic and use whole wheat pasta. My husband loves this dish as well."
"Delicious & easy recipe! I added a bit more garlic and sauted 8 oz. sliced mushrooms with the garlic. Special flavor with week-night ease!"
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.