- 10 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon each onion powder, rubbed sage, white pepper and black pepper
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the chicken, onions and seasonings, uncovered, for 3-5 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Stir in cream. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 4-5 minutes or until slightly thickened. Drain spaghetti; add to chicken mixture; toss to coat. Sprinkle with cheese and parsley. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Chicken Pasta Toss
"i have made this recipie many times and we love it. however i double up on the sauce indredients to make it creamier, ABSOLUTLY AWESOME"
"I loved the little kick with the cayenne pepper."
"Really Really DELICIOUS! I doubled the recipe and it all went! This was the first time I made it and my family really enjoyed it, telling me to keep it on the menu. Very easy. Very quick. I made it just as the recipe was written. Once you put in the cream, the herbs aren't so pronounced. Subtle. Not overpowering. I impressed myself. I agree it is restaurant quality."
"This was delicious! I omitted the rubbed sage as I do not like the taste of it, but everything else blended together so well! Such a huge hit at my house, and next time I will probably add a touch of cajun seasoning to kick it up a bit. Great, quick recipe for dinner."
"As delicious an Alfredo sauce as I've ever had. Definitely restaurant class. I made a few adjustments to suit my family's tastes - used linguini pasta, deleted thyme, onion powder and rubbed sage. I also used up my left over chicken breasts instead of using fresh chicken. Took less than 1/2 hour from start to finish! Delicious and oh so creamy!"