Flavored with herbs and seasoning, Chicken Pasta Toss will satisfy any family member’s appetite. And the rich and creamy sauce takes minimal effort. Margaret Penaflor of Thornton, Colorado shares the recipe.
- 10 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon each onion powder, rubbed sage, white pepper and black pepper
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the chicken, onions and seasonings, uncovered, for 3-5 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Stir in cream. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 4-5 minutes or until slightly thickened. Drain spaghetti; add to chicken mixture; toss to coat. Sprinkle with cheese and parsley. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Pasta Toss in Simple & Delicious March/April 2008, p25
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Chicken Pasta Toss
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review