Chicken Pasta Skillet Recipe
- 3 cups uncooked whole wheat spiral pasta
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup fat-free half-and-half
- 4 ounces reduced-fat process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1 teaspoon garlic-herb seasoning blend
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2-1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a large saucepan, cook pasta according to package directions, adding broccoli during the last 2 minutes of cooking; drain.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk flour and broth until smooth. In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat; stir in broth mixture. Add half-and-half. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 1 minute or until thickened. Add process cheese, seasoning blend and salt; stir until smooth.
- 3. Add chicken and pasta mixture; heat through, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; sprinkle with cheddar cheese. Let stand, covered, 5-10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
1-1/4 cups equals 335 calories, 11 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 72 mg cholesterol, 671 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 29 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Chicken Pasta Skillet
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.