My dad grows incredibly delicious tomatoes and red peppers. This year's crop was especially abundant, so I created this salad combination to take advantage of the bounty. My husband gave this recipe a definite "thumbs up".
- 1 package (16 ounces) bow tie or spiral pasta, cooked and drained
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup Caesar or Parmesan salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon honey mustard or other prepared mustard
- 2 to 3 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- In a large bowl, toss the pasta, chicken, oil and garlic powder. Cover and chill. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, salad dressing, mustard, curry powder, salt and pepper; cover and chill. Just before serving, add the red pepper, tomato, carrot and dressing to pasta mixture; gently toss to coat. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Pasta Salad in Country Extra March 1996, p51
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Chicken Pasta Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review