Chicken Pasta Salad with Oranges Recipe
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 4-1/2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into cubes
- 4 cups cooked rigatoni or large tube pasta
- 4 cups torn romaine lettuce
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 can (6 ounces) pitted ripe olives, drained
- 1. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the vinegar, soy sauce, 1-1/2 teaspoons oil, sugar and garlic; shake well and set aside. In a large nonstick skillet, saute the onion, peppers and mushrooms, in 1-1/2 teaspoons oil until tender. Remove and keep warm. In same skillet, saute chicken in remaining oil until juices run clear; drain.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the pasta, lettuce, oranges, olives, onion mixture and chicken. Pour dressing over lettuce mixture; toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
2 cup: 332 calories, 9g fat (1g saturated fat), 48mg cholesterol, 464mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 4g fiber), 24g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 2 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 0 fruit, 0 fat.