Santa himself might find it hard to resist this hearty, colorful chicken salad packed with veggies, pasta and flavor. Our Test Kitchen added just the right touch of heat to warm and welcome friends and family in from the cold! TIP: This versatile recipe can be varied for all seasons of the year by adding hard-cooked eggs, different meats, such as turkey, ham, tuna or shrimp…even by changing the nuts and vegetables to whatever you have on hand!
- 1 cup uncooked spiral pasta
- 1 cup cubed cooked chicken
- 1 small green pepper, diced
- 1 small carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 celery rib, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped white onion
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon ranch salad dressing mix
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the chicken, green pepper, carrot, celery, onions and peas.
- In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, mayonnaise, ranch dressing mix, garlic salt, paprika and cayenne. Drain pasta and rinse in cold water; add to chicken mixture. Add dressing and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Pasta Salad in Simple & Delicious November/December 2006, p45
Reviews for Chicken Pasta Salad for Four
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 22, 2009
"OMG!!! I can't wait to try! This looks outstanding!"