Chicken Pasta Salad a l'Orange Recipe
“I got this recipe from an old cookbook just after I was married 25 years ago," says Ann Berger of Howell, Michigan. "All of my six kids like it—even those who don’t usually eat salad!”
- 2-1/2 cups uncooked bow tie pasta
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 2 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/3 cup fat-free plain yogurt
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup thawed orange juice concentrate
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 6 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 1/2 cup cubed avocado
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. In a large bowl, combine the pasta, chicken, celery, oranges and olives.
- For dressing, in a small bowl, combine the yogurt, mayonnaise, orange juice concentrate, vinegar, sugar, salt and mustard. Pour over pasta mixture and toss to coat.
- For each serving, spoon 1-1/3 cups pasta mixture over 1 cup of greens; top with about 1 tablespoon avocado. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Pasta Salad a l'Orange in Light & Tasty August/September 2007, p21
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Chicken Pasta Salad a l'Orange(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Salad Recipes >
- Chicken Salads >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Salad Recipes >
- Green Salad Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Salad Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Healthy Salads >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Salad Recipes >