Green beans add nice crunch and a bit of color to this tasty pasta-and-chicken dish from our Test Kitchen that will appeal to all ages.
- 4 cups uncooked spiral pasta
- 1/2 pound fresh green beans, trimmed and cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 jar (7 ounces) roasted sweet red peppers, drained
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3/4 cup fat-free evaporated milk, divided
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil or 4 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 5 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions, adding green beans during the last 2 minutes. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, saute chicken in 2 teaspoons oil until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm. In the same pan, saute red peppers and garlic in remaining oil for 1 minute.
- Stir in the broth, 1/2 cup milk, basil, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3 minutes or until slightly thickened. Remove from the heat; cool slightly. Transfer to a blender; cover and process until smooth. Return to the pan.
- Add chicken to the pepper mixture. Combine cornstarch and remaining milk until smooth; gradually stir into the chicken mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Drain pasta mixture; toss with sauce. Sprinkle each serving with 1 tablespoon cheese. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Pasta Dinner in Healthy Cooking April/May 2008, p21
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Chicken Pasta Dinner
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review