Chicken Parmigiana Recipe
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Place the chicken in a greased 8-in.-square baking dish. In a small saucepan, bring the tomato paste, water, garlic and seasonings to a boil. Pour over chicken.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 15 minutes. Sprinkle with cheeses; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 165°. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 240 calories, 11 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 52 mg cholesterol, 994 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 23 g protein.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.