Chicken Parmigiana Recipe
This is a favorite dish in our family. I came up with this dish myself because the traditional version takes forever to make. I just throw a few ingredients together, pop the dish in the oven and forget it.Robin Stevens, Cadiz, Kentucky
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Place the chicken in a greased 8-in. square baking dish. In a small saucepan, combine the tomato paste, water, garlic and seasonings; bring to a boil. Pour over chicken.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Sprinkle with cheeses; bake 10 minutes longer or until the cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Parmigiana in Quick Cooking September/October 1999, p7
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Chicken Parmigiana(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 16, 2011
This has become a regular in our monthly menu! Super easy to make and everyone in the family loves it!
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Chicken >
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Parmesan >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Italian Chicken Recipes >