With two small children, I appreciate meals that can be easily assembled and put into the oven. I always keep the ingredients for this Parmesan Chicken recipe on hand. —Sylvia Dirks, Clearbrook, British Columbia
4 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup toasted wheat germ
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon each garlic powder, onion powder and dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3-1/2 to 4 pounds), cut up
- 1 cup buttermilk
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the cheese, wheat germ and
- seasonings. Dip chicken pieces in buttermilk, then add to bag, a few
- pieces at a time, and shake to coat.
- Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at
- 350° for 1 hour or until juices run clear. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (14 ounces) equals 598 calories, 32 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 168 mg cholesterol, 1,214 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 63 g protein.
Wine: This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied white wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Rutherford Hill Chardonnay 2012 Napa Valley, a full-bodied classic California Chardonnay with the perfect touch of oak. Buy now and