I came up with this dish to re-create the comforting flavors of a restaurant-style sandwich. Now it's my husband's favorite dinner. —Deborah Biggs, Omaha, Nebraska
- 5 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 cup marinara sauce, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound lean ground chicken
- 2 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced
- 2 ciabatta rolls, split and toasted
- In a large bowl, combine 3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, 2 tablespoons marinara sauce, pepper and salt. Crumble chicken over mixture and mix well. Shape into four patties.
- Place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 165° and juices run clear.
- Top with remaining marinara, the mozzarella and remaining Parmesan. Broil 1-2 minutes longer or until cheeses are melted. Top each roll half with a patty. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Parmesan Patty Melts in Healthy Cooking August/September 2012, p20
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Chicken Parmesan Patty Melts
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 15, 2013
"These were good. Had some cibatta rolls to use up and this was a good use for them."