Chicken Parmesan Patty Melts Recipe
I came up with this dish to re-create the comforting flavors of a restaurant-style sandwich. Now it's my husband's favorite dinner. —Deborah Biggs, Omaha, Nebraska
- 5 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 cup marinara sauce, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound lean ground chicken
- 2 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced
- 2 ciabatta rolls, split and toasted
- In a large bowl, combine 3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, 2 tablespoons marinara sauce, pepper and salt. Crumble chicken over mixture and mix well. Shape into four patties.
- Place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 165° and juices run clear.
- Top with remaining marinara, the mozzarella and remaining Parmesan. Broil 1-2 minutes longer or until cheeses are melted. Top each roll half with a patty. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Parmesan Patty Melts in Healthy Cooking August/September 2012, p20
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Chicken Parmesan Patty Melts(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Mar. 15, 2013
These were good. Had some cibatta rolls to use up and this was a good use for them.
More Recipe Collections
- Burger Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Parmesan >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Sandwich Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Sandwich Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >