Chicken Parmesan Patty Melts Recipe
- 5 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 cup marinara sauce, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound lean ground chicken
- 2 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced
- 2 ciabatta rolls, split and toasted
- 1. In a large bowl, combine 3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, 2 tablespoons marinara sauce, pepper and salt. Crumble chicken over mixture and mix well. Shape into four patties.
- 2. Place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 165° and juices run clear.
- 3. Top with remaining marinara, the mozzarella and remaining Parmesan. Broil 1-2 minutes longer or until cheeses are melted. Top each roll half with a patty. Yield: 4 servings.
1 sandwich: 420 calories, 13g fat (5g saturated fat), 98mg cholesterol, 658mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 3g fiber), 34g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 4 lean meat, 1 fat.
Reviews for Chicken Parmesan Patty Melts
"These were good. Had some cibatta rolls to use up and this was a good use for them."
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.