Chicken Parmesan for Two Recipe
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 3 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon each dried basil, oregano and parsley flakes
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1. Pound chicken to 1/4-in. thickness; coat with yogurt and bread crumbs. In a large skillet, brown chicken on both sides in 2 tablespoons oil until juices run clear. Remove and keep warm.
- 2. Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in the skillet, saute onion, garlic, basil, oregano and parsley in remaining oil until onion is tender. add the tomato sauce and water; simmer for 1 minute.
- 3. Drain spaghetti; add to skillet and toss to coat. Top with chicken; sprinkle with cheeses. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 729 calories, 31 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 82 mg cholesterol, 1,261 mg sodium, 68 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 44 g protein.
Reviews for Chicken Parmesan for Two
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.