We love chicken Parmesan and thought, "Why not make it a burger?" I like to use fresh mozzarella on these. I've also made the burgers with ground turkey. —Charlotte Gehle, Brownstown, Michigan
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 pound lean ground chicken
- 1 cup meatless spaghetti sauce, divided
- 2 slices part-skim mozzarella cheese, cut in half
- 4 slices Italian bread (3/4 inch thick)
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Add chicken; mix lightly but thoroughly. Shape into four 1/2-in.-thick oval patties.
- Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 4-7 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 165°. Top burgers with 1/2 cup spaghetti sauce and cheese. Cover and grill 30-60 seconds longer or until cheese is melted.
Grill bread, uncovered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 30-60 seconds on each side or until toasted. Top with remaining spaghetti sauce. Serve burgers on toasted bread.
Freeze option: Place patties on a plastic wrap-lined baking sheet; wrap and freeze until firm. Remove from pan and transfer to a resealable plastic freezer bag; return to freezer. To use, grill frozen patties as directed, increasing time as necessary for a thermometer to read 165°. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Parmesan Burgers in Simple & Delicious June/July 2014
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Chicken Parmesan Burgers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review