- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 pound lean ground chicken
- 1 cup meatless spaghetti sauce, divided
- 2 slices part-skim mozzarella cheese, cut in half
- 4 slices Italian bread (3/4 inch thick)
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Add chicken; mix lightly but thoroughly. Shape into four 1/2-in.-thick oval patties.
- Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 4-7 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 165°. Top burgers with 1/2 cup spaghetti sauce and cheese. Cover and grill 30-60 seconds longer or until cheese is melted.
- Grill bread, uncovered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 30-60 seconds on each side or until toasted. Top with remaining spaghetti sauce. Serve burgers on toasted bread. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Chicken Parmesan Burgers
Sort By :
Wonderful. Heads up from my daughters to make again!
Tasty burgers but we found the bread hard to eat. Next time I will use pasta instead. Great flavor!
These were really good. I made the patties the night before so my husband could just throw them together after work.
We thoroughly enjoyed these burgers. I used provolone cheese that we prefer, and, instead of bread, we had some Verde pasta salad along with some julienned vegetable salad that I had made for Kitchen Chat's salad challenge. Thanks, Charlotte!!!