This unique combination of chicken breasts in spaghetti sauce makes a pretty dish, and it's so flavorful.
-Mary Dennis, Bryan, Ohio
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (8 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1-1/2 cups spaghetti sauce
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Hot cooked linguine
- Brown chicken in oil in a large ovenproof skillet over medium heat.
- Add spaghetti sauce and mushrooms. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat;
- cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until a thermometer reads
- Sprinkle with cheeses. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 3-4 minutes or
- until cheese is melted. Serve with linguine. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 420 calories, 20 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 87 mg cholesterol, 1,417 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 38 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.