With two small children, I appreciate meals that can be easily assembled and put into the oven. I always keep the ingredients for this Parmesan Chicken recipe on hand. —Sylvia Dirks, Clearbrook, British Columbia
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup toasted wheat germ
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon each garlic powder, onion powder and dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3-1/2 to 4 pounds), cut up
- 1 cup buttermilk
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the cheese, wheat germ and seasonings. Dip chicken pieces in buttermilk, then add to bag, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat.
- Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour or until juices run clear. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Parmesan in Country Chicken Cookbook 1995, p37
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Chicken Parmesan
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review