- browned. Remove and set aside. In the same skillet, saute chopped
- onions until tender. Set aside.
- In a large plastic resealable bag, combine flour and 1-1/2 teaspoons
- paprika; add chicken, a few pieces at a time and shake to coat.
- Place chicken in skillet; brown on all sides. Add the salt, parsley,
- broth and remaining paprika. Cover and cook over low heat until
- juices run clear, about 45 minutes.
- For spaetzle, in a large bowl, stir the flour, eggs, milk, salt and
- baking powder until smooth (dough will be sticky). In a large
- saucepan, bring water to a boil. Pour dough into a colander or
- spaetzle maker coated with cooking spray; place over boiling water.
- With a wooden spoon, press dough until small pieces drop into boiling
- water. Cook for 2 minutes or until dumplings are tender and float.
- Remove with a slotted spoon; toss with butter.
- Remove chicken from skillet; set aside. In the same skillet, stir in
- the sour cream, capers and juice and onions. Return chicken to the
- skillet and gently heat through. Place spaetzle on a platter and top
- with chicken. Serve with sauce. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (6 ounces) equals 450 calories, 23 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 148 mg cholesterol, 987 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 25 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.