Chicken Paillards with Cherry Sauce & Parsley Rice Recipe
- 3-1/4 cups chicken stock, divided
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked basmati rice
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup finely chopped sweet onion (about 1 small)
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 cup dried tart cherries
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons tawny port wine
- 1/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1. In a large saucepan, bring 2-1/4 cups stock and rice to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, pound chicken with a meat mallet to 1/4-in. thickness; sprinkle with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
- 3. In the same skillet, cook and stir onion in 1 tablespoon butter over medium-high heat for 1-2 minutes or until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add the cherries, vinegar, wine and remaining stock, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced by half and cherries are plump, about 6 minutes. Stir in mustard.
- 4. Fluff rice; stir in parsley and remaining butter; serve with chicken and sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
1 chicken breast with 1 cup rice and 1/4 cup sauce equals 643 calories, 15 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 89 mg cholesterol, 792 mg sodium, 88 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 34 g protein.
Reviews for Chicken Paillards with Cherry Sauce & Parsley Rice
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.