- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 3 packages (3 ounces each) chicken ramen noodles
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 can (14 ounces) bean sprouts, drained
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, peanut butter, soy sauce and garlic; set aside. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine bread crumbs and contents of two noodle seasoning packets (discard the remaining packet or save for another use). Add chicken, one piece at a time, and shake to coat.
- In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil over medium heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Meanwhile, cook noodles according to package directions.
- Remove chicken and keep warm. Add peanut butter mixture to skillet; cook and stir until heated through. Drain noodles. Add noodles and bean sprouts to skillet; toss to coat. Serve with chicken. Yield: 4 servings.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Chicken over Curly Noodles
Sort By :
I love Thai sauces so this hit the spot. I did make chicken strips to coat the chicken better. Did use bean sprouts, but did add broccoli because family requested. They want me to add mushrooms next time. I did have to double the sauce as family likes saucy and not dry foods. To cut down on some of the sodium, I use low sodium soy sauce.
I have made this recipe several times. excellent. I only use at most half of 1 ramen seasoning packet and omit the bean sprouts. Also I cube the chicken before I coat and cook it, then add to the noodles after there coated in the sauce so that it's all mixed together.
ALSO, used sesame oil instead of olive, tossed in sesame seeds with noodles and did not use bean sprouts.
To tone down the saltiness I anticipated from the soy sauce and seasoning, I added 1/4 cup half and half to the sauce and it turned out delicious! I also used fresh bread crumbs instead of dry...they seemed to absorb the ramen seasoning better and gave a beautiful, textured crust to the chicken. I also dipped the chicken in butter before tossing it in the bread crumbs. I added scallions to the noodles for a tangy bite and color. My husband and I both really liked this dish...a great way to use up chicken and ramen noodles!
I agree that the peanut butter was too much for the sauce. I didn't bread the chicken ... just S&P and sauteed it. My noodle sauce turned out too dry, so I would have added some chicken broth or water to it.
More Recipe Collections
- Asian Dinners >
- Asian Recipes >
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Pasta >
- Chicken Pasta Recipes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Pasta & Sauces >
- Pasta Dinners >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Peanut Butter Chicken >
- Peanut Butter Recipes >