"As a busy homemaker with a home-based business, I try to make quick dinners that are healthy for my husband and two young children. I combined two recipes to come up with this family favorite," pens Kathleen Farrell of Rochester, New York.
- 1 cup uncooked orzo pasta
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) stewed tomatoes, cut up
- 1 can (15 ounces) white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen broccoli florets, thawed
- Cook orzo according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook chicken in 2 teaspoons oil for 6-7 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, cook garlic in remaining oil for 1 minute or until tender. Stir in the tomatoes, beans, Italian seasoning and salt. Bring to a boil. Stir in broccoli and chicken; heat through. Drain orzo; stir into chicken mixture. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Orzo Skillet in Light & Tasty August/September 2006, p57
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Chicken Orzo Skillet
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review