Chicken Orzo Skillet Recipe
- 1 cup uncooked orzo pasta
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) stewed tomatoes, cut up
- 1 can (15 ounces) white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen broccoli florets, thawed
- Cook orzo according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook chicken in 2 teaspoons oil for 6-7 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, cook garlic in remaining oil for 1 minute or until tender. Stir in the tomatoes, beans, Italian seasoning and salt. Bring to a boil. Stir in broccoli and chicken; heat through. Drain orzo; stir into chicken mixture. Yield: 6 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a medium red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Santa Margherita Chianti Classico Reserva Italy 2009. Initial tastes of fruits and spice move to herbal notes for a long smooth finish. Buy now and get 3 bottles for $49.99. Order Now
Reviews for Chicken Orzo Skillet
Sort By :
Did not find this very tasty at all. I had to add more italian seasoning and sprinkled grated parmesan cheese on top to give it flavor. I would give it 5 stars for easy & quick recipe. If you want a very tasty dish that's easy to make try the "Gnocchi With White Beans" recipe here on Tasteofhome.com.
I made this about a month ago and our family really liked it. I used Italian seasoned tomatoes in place of the stewed tomatoes. This would also be great without the chicken for meatless dish alternative! Yum!
I had really high hopes for the healthy dish especially because of the high reviews but this recipe turned out horribly bland. The end result was me having to fix up some sandwiches for the family and this meal went out to the chickens. Besides this needing salt and pepper it was missing something else that I just couldn't put my finger on.
This was SO delicious. But I used Italian Stewed Tomatoes for extra seasoning. LOVED it!
My family loved it and can't wait for me to fix it again!