Chicken on Rainbow Rice Recipe
Chicken breasts can be used for a variety of interesting meals, says Bill Hilbrich of St. Cloud, Minnesota. For this delightful entree, Bill enhances them with a lightly seasoned marinade and rice pilaf.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lime or lemon juice
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast half
- 1/4 cup each chopped onion, sweet red pepper and green pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup cooked long grain rice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1. In a small resealable plastic bag, combine the oil and lime juice; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade. Grill chicken, uncovered, over medium heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Meanwhile, in a skillet, saute onion and peppers in butter until tender. Stir in the rice, salt and pepper; heat through. Serve with chicken. Yield: 1 serving.
Reviews for Chicken on Rainbow Rice
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC