Chicken on Rainbow Rice
Chicken breasts can be used for a variety of interesting meals, says Bill Hilbrich of St. Cloud, Minnesota. For this delightful entree, Bill enhances them with a lightly seasoned marinade and rice pilaf.
1 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lime or lemon juice
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast half
- 1/4 cup each chopped onion, sweet red pepper and green pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup cooked long grain rice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- In a small resealable plastic bag, combine the oil and lime juice;
- add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 1
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill chicken, uncovered, over medium
- heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until juices run clear.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet, saute onion and peppers in butter until
- tender. Stir in the rice, salt and pepper; heat through. Serve with
- chicken. Yield: 1 serving.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.