Chicken on Rainbow Rice Recipe
Chicken breasts can be used for a variety of interesting meals, says Bill Hilbrich of St. Cloud, Minnesota. For this delightful entree, Bill enhances them with a lightly seasoned marinade and rice pilaf.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lime or lemon juice
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast half
- 1/4 cup each chopped onion, sweet red pepper and green pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup cooked long grain rice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- In a small resealable plastic bag, combine the oil and lime juice; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill chicken, uncovered, over medium heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Meanwhile, in a skillet, saute onion and peppers in butter until tender. Stir in the rice, salt and pepper; heat through. Serve with chicken. Yield: 1 serving.
Originally published as Chicken on Rainbow Rice in Taste of Home August/September 2005, p57
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Chicken on Rainbow Rice(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- BBQ Chicken Recipes >
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Dinner for Two >
- Dinner For Two Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Grilled Chicken Recipes >
- Grilling Recipes >
- Quick Chicken Dinner Recipes >