"Chicken is my family's favorite meat, whether it's roasted, barbecued or whatever," says Susan Post from Baltimore, Ontario. "I make these skewered chicken strips often, especially during the summer months. They're popular at our annual family picnic, too."
Recommended: 50+ Brilliant Recipes for Food on a Stick
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3/4 pound skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- In a large bowl, combine the oil, lemon juice, soy sauce, garlic, honey and seasonings. Pour 1/4 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add the chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 3-4 hours. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Drain and discard marinade. On metal or soaked wooden skewers, thread chicken.
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill, uncovered, over medium-hot heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until chicken is no longer pink, basting frequently with reserved marinade. Yield: 6 skewers.
Originally published as Chicken On A Stick in Light & Tasty June/July 2004, p9
Reviews forChicken on a Stick
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 2, 2010
"This is one of my very favorite recipes on the grill, and there are so many ways to use leftovers, although I don't usually have many. When I serve this chicken to guests they always love it."