"The recipe for this zesty stovetop dinner came from a grocery store demonstration several years ago," reports Robi Huggins of Anchorage, Alaska. "It goes together in the time it takes to set the table. Our children particularly enjoy it over tortilla chips."
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- Tortilla chips or hot cooked rice
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil for 5-6 minutes or until no
- longer pink. Add corn, tomato sauce, chilies, chili powder and onion
- powder; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-12
- minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve over tortilla chips or rice
- and sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (calculated without chips, rice or cheese) equals 274 calories, 7 g fat (0 saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 1,024 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 27 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch, 1/2 fat, 1 vegetable.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white