- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- Tortilla chips or hot cooked rice
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil for 5-6 minutes or until no longer pink. Add corn, tomato sauce, chilies, chili powder and onion powder; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve over tortilla chips or rice and sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Ole in Quick Cooking July/August 1999, p49
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Chicken Ole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review