Chicken Nut Puffs Recipe
Of the 15 to 20 items I set out when hosting holiday parties, these savory puffs are the first to get snapped up. People enjoy the zippy flavor. They're a nice finger food to eat since they're not sticky or drippy.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min. YIELD:24 servings
- 1-1/2 cups finely chopped cooked chicken
- 1/3 cup chopped almonds, toasted
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- 1. Combine the chicken and almonds; set aside. In a saucepan, combine the next seven ingredients; bring to a boil. Add flour all at once; stir until a smooth ball forms. Remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes.
- 2. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each. Beat until smooth. Stir in chicken and almonds.
- 3. Drop by heaping teaspoonfuls onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 450° for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: about 6 dozen.
1 serving (3 each) equals 100 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 43 mg cholesterol, 125 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC