Chicken Nut Puffs Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups finely chopped cooked chicken
- 1/3 cup chopped almonds, toasted
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 Eggland's Best Eggs
- Combine the chicken and almonds; set aside. In a saucepan, combine the next seven ingredients; bring to a boil. Add flour all at once; stir until a smooth ball forms. Remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each. Beat until smooth. Stir in chicken and almonds.
- Drop by heaping teaspoonfuls onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 450° for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: about 6 dozen.
Reviews for Chicken Nut Puffs(3)
Sort By :
The first time I made these I used the chicken and almonds. The second time I used duck and pistachios. I think you could pretty much use any poultry-nut combination that appeals to you. Excellent recipe for gougeres with a twist!
I've made these many, many times. I usually change up the spices depending on the dip I serve with them. We love these served with the Sweet 'n Hot mustard dip recipe also found on TOH.
We used celery leaves (1 Tbsp minced) instead of the celery seed and walnuts instead of almonds. Would use more cayenne pepper next time I make it. They turned out yummy!
I had also thought that when dishing drop cookies and things of that sort that "teaspoon" meant the silverware piece. This recipe actually means a measuring utensil, otherwise they are huge! and makes less than the approximated 6 dozen.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Almond Recipes >
- Appetizers >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Baked Chicken >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Chicken Appetizers >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Finger Food Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Hors d'oeuvre Recipes >
- Hot Appetizer Recipes >
- Hot Finger Food Recipes >
- Meat Appetizers >
- Nut Recipes >
- Party Appetizers >