Chicken Nuggets Recipe
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1. In a large resealable bag, combine the first six ingredients. Flatten chicken to 1/2-in. thickness, then cut into 1-1/2-in. pieces. Add chicken, a few pieces at a time, to bag and shake to coat.
- 2. In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil in batches for 6-8 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Yield: 8 servings.
3 ounces cooked chicken equals 212 calories, 10 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 435 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 24 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat, 1/2 starch.