"With a crisp golden coating, these moist and tender bite-size pieces of chicken are greeted with enthusiasm whenever I serve them as a hearty snack or party appetizer," says Cathryn White of Newark, Delaware.
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 2-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- In a shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese and
- seasonings. Place butter in another shallow bowl. Dip chicken in
- butter, then roll in bread crumb mixture.
- Place in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake,
- uncovered, at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until chicken is no
- longer pink. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 383 calories, 23 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 128 mg cholesterol, 747 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 33 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon