"I was getting ready to prepare a Caesar salad with chicken strips when I discovered I didn't have enough chicken breasts in the freezer," explains the Lake Zurich, Illinois cook. "So, I substituted frozen chicken nuggets. "My family was delighted with the results, "Martha notes. "So I substituted frozen chicken nuggets. "My family was delighted with the results," Martha notes. "In fact, my husband enjoyed three generous helpings!"
Recommended: 99 of Our Favorite Chicken Dinner Ideas
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 8 to 10 frozen breaded chicken breast nuggets
- 6 cups torn romaine
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3/4 cup creamy Caesar salad dressing
- 3/4 cup Caesar salad croutons
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Bake chicken nuggets according to package directions; cut into fourths. In a large bowl, combine the romaine, mushrooms and chicken. Drizzle with dressing and toss to coat. Sprinkle with croutons and Parmesan cheese. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Nugget Caesar Salad in Quick Cooking March/April 2005, p15
Reviews forChicken Nugget Caesar Salad
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review