Chicken Normandy Recipe
- 1 package (6 ounces) stuffing mix
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2-1/2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a bowl, combine the first three ingredients. Spread half into greased 3-qt. baking dish.
- 2. In a bowl, combine the chicken, onion, celery, mayonnaise and salt. Spoon over stuffing; sprinkle with reserved stuffing mixture. Whisk the eggs and milk; pour over top. Spread with soup.
- 3. Bake at 325° for 40 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese; bake 10 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 12 servings.
1 cup equals 352 calories, 24 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 100 mg cholesterol, 958 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 16 g protein.
Reviews for Chicken Normandy
"One of my families favorites, and a quick easy meal."
"My family liked this very much. Roast a whole chicken for Sunday dinner and save enough to make this easy and good casserole during the week. The milk and egg mixture helps the stuffing to stay fluffy in spite of the soup. But I will reduce the milk to 1 cup - it was a little too heavy at 1 1/2 cups. Adding the poultry seasoning is a good idea, too."
"We really liked this and it was so easy to make. I used savory herbs stuffing mix which gave it an additional robust flavor."
"wonderful easy recipe. I substituted leftover thanksgiving baked turkey in place of chicken. If you like more flavor just add some additional poultry seasoning! Definitely a keeper."
"I had high hopes for this and it wasn't awful. It was just bland, and basically like eating chicken and stuffing casserole. It reminded me of a recipe that you'd see on the side of a stove top stuffing box. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but you could make the same basic thing with far less ingrediants and in less time.tom, connelly springs, NC"
"I must have done something wrong when I made this. It tasted like stuffing with chicken in it. But, my hubby liked it. It was quick and easy...and perfect for leftover chicken."
"This was a good recipe. We were not "wowed" by it, but it was definitely good. Will keep this one as a good left over recipe."
"Awesome Recipe!!!!!!Thanks for sharing it.Really easy to make.I made it without adding the cheese and it still tasted really good.My boyfriend loved it :)"
"In addition to my previous review, I did use 2 boxes of Life Lite Smart Strips® Chick'n Style strips that I rinsed and chopped to make this recipe vegetarian."
"I love casserole dishes and this is a new favorite of mine now."
"Yum! Used leftover chicken from the night before. It was a busy day and this worked well and was excellent. This recipe will be added to my "easy and best" recipes! I also plan to use with leftover turkey."