Chicken Normandy Recipe
I grew up in rural Nebraska, and there I learned wholesome values and the "made-with-love" kitchen techniques that I will always cherish. Now, even though I'm 25 years away from the farm, our California friends say the backyard picnics we put on are fit for a threshing crew!
- 1 package (6 ounces) stuffing mix
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2-1/2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a bowl, combine the first three ingredients. Spread half into greased 3-qt. baking dish.
- 2. In a bowl, combine the chicken, onion, celery, mayonnaise and salt. Spoon over stuffing; sprinkle with reserved stuffing mixture. Whisk the eggs and milk; pour over top. Spread with soup.
- 3. Bake at 325° for 40 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese; bake 10 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 12 servings.
1 cup equals 352 calories, 24 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 100 mg cholesterol, 958 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 16 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC