Chicken Noodle Stir-Fry
Darlene Markel of Sublimity, Oregon relies on Ramen noodles to stretch this appealing stir-fry. "You can use whatever vegetables you happen to have on hand," she suggests. "The dish is different every time I make it."
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 package (3 ounces) chicken-flavored Ramen noodles
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 1 cup fresh cauliflowerets
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 cup coarsely chopped cabbage
- 2 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup canned bean sprouts
- 1/2 cup teriyaki or soy sauce
- Set aside seasoning packet from noodles. Cook noodles according to
- package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet or wok, stir-fry
- chicken in oil for 5-6 minutes or until no longer pink. Add
- vegetables; stir-fry for 3-4 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Drain noodles. Stir the noodles, contents of seasoning packet and
- teriyaki sauce into the chicken mixture until well combined. Yield:
- 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 325 calories, 10 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 1,728 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 29 g protein.