Darlene Brenden of Salem, Oregon relies on Ramen noodles to stretch this appealing stir-fry. "You can use whatever vegetables you happen to have on hand," she suggests. "The dish is different every time I make it."
- 1 package (3 ounces) chicken-flavored Ramen noodles
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 1 cup fresh cauliflowerets
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 cup coarsely chopped cabbage
- 2 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup canned bean sprouts
- 1/2 cup teriyaki or soy sauce
- Set aside seasoning packet from noodles. Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet or wok, stir-fry chicken in oil for 5-6 minutes or until no longer pink. Add vegetables; stir-fry for 3-4 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Drain noodles. Stir the noodles, contents of seasoning packet and teriyaki sauce into the chicken mixture until well combined. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Noodle Stir-Fry in Quick Cooking July/August 1998, p14
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Chicken Noodle Stir-Fry
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review